We are now accepting submissions for our next issue, Volume VII, The Disobedient Issue. We are leaving the interpretation of the concept of disobedience open, but know that this issue was inspired by reading this essay by Alice Notley, and by necessary acts of civil disobedience everywhere. Please send only your best work, any length, any style.
Deadline for this issue: January 31, 2015
Expect a response within 1 - 3 months after close of submissions. If you have not heard from us after this time period please feel free to inquire.
(Editor's note: We seem to be running longer and longer on response times; please don't take this as a sign that we don't like your work - take it as a sign that the editor is overworked. This journal is a labor of love, and as such, sometimes has to make way for other things. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.)
- Please submit 1 to 5 poems, 1 craft essay, and/or 1 book review, using the forms below.
- Please include a brief third-person bio in your cover letter.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine as long as we are notified promptly when work is accepted elsewhere, but please no multiple submissions. The only exceptions to this rule is if you are submitting both poems and an essay, or both an essay and a book review, or both poems and a book review.
- Previously published is also fine, as long as it was in print, not online, and as long as you as the author retain all copyright. Because we strive to be the first online publisher of your work, if it has appeared anywhere that is publicly accessible on the web (including on your blog) then it is considered previously published. Please feel free to contact us and we will provide clarification on a case-by-case basis.
- We acquire one-time, non-exclusive rights to publish your work, at which time all rights revert back to you as the author. If we should ever decide to create a print anthology and would like to include your work, we will contact you.
- Please note that we are a non-paying market.
- No snail mail submissions. All submissions must come through our online submissions manager.
Upload your submission: