Submissions Guidelines: The Unreal Issue
Thank you for your interest in Poemeleon. Please read the following guidelines carefully.
We are now accepting submissions for our next issue, Volume VI Issue II, The Unreal Issue. The Unreal Issue will feature work that could be considered magical realist, fabulist, speculative, or otherwise incorporates the strange, the surreal, and the unreal, whether or not it could possibly really exist. If you think it seems unreal, maybe we will, too. Please send only your best work, any length, any style.
Deadline for this issue: June 31, 2013
Expect a response within 1 - 3 months after close of submissions. If you have not heard from us after this time period please inquire.
- Please submit 1 to 5 poems, 1 craft essay, or 1 book review, using the forms below.
- Please include a brief third-person bio in your cover letter.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine as long as we are notified promptly when work is accepted elsewhere, but please no multiple submissions. The only exceptions to this rule is if you are submitting both poems and an essay, or both an essay and a book review, or both poems and a book review.
- Previously published is also fine, as long as it was in print, not online, and as long as you as the author retain all copyright. Because we strive to be the first online publisher of your poem, if it has appeared anywhere that is publicly accessible on the web (including on your blog) then it is considered previously published. Please feel free to contact us and we will provide clarification on a case by case basis.
- We acquire one-time, non-exclusive rights to publish your work, at which time all rights revert back to you as the author. If we should ever decide to create a print anthology and would like to include your work, we will contact you.
- Please note that we are a non-paying market.
- No snail mail submissions. All submissions must come through our online submissions manager.